[Typo3-dev] hook for extending TEXT content type

Tom Jozsa moszi at mail.datanet.hu
Thu Feb 10 20:35:47 CET 2005

Hi all!

I am new to the list (and Typo3 development to). Please tell me if my
questions are not suitable for the level of this list, for I'm not sure I am
asking them in the right place.

I would like to extend an ordinary TEXT content element with a link to a
chc-forum thread related to the content of this specific element. For this I
so far created a new extension with the kickstart wizard. Extended the
tt_content  table with a field, created a database relation. But I'm stuck
here. The programming of the extension!

As I understand I need a hook in the core to do the extension. As written in
the Core API doc I searched through the code of the cms extension. I found
only one hook In the file class.tslib_content.php for inserting FE plugins.
That's not the one I nead.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be that such hook doesn't exist? Or simply
I'm searching in wrong place?

The concept of this extension is to mobilize the power of chc-forum. Cross
link the content of your page and the opinion of you visitors!

I think it would be a really nice extension.

Thx for any help,

moszi