[Typo3-dev] Concept for exception handling?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Feb 10 18:16:39 CET 2005

Sven Wilhelm wrote:

>> That hasn't been discussed yet but I favour introducing exception
>> handling
>> as soon as we can rely on PHP5. That would be the cleanest solution I
>> guess.
>
> I think two ways are good for that.
> Directly supported exception handling in PHP5 and a workaround such as
> PEAR_Error for PHP4.
>
> As there will no widespreaded use of PHP5 in near future - see the
> time integration needs in distributions and the time the ISP need to
> change - PHP4 will stay longer as one expect.
>
> Greets

I agree.... it will take at least a couple of more years untill PHP5 is
wide spread into ISP land... Not for our offices etc...
btw... I currently can't see a big advantage for exeption handeling in
PHP... but that's just my huble opinion.,
it reminds me to much to windows when we see al kinda strange errors a
frontend user cannot do anything with......