[Typo3-dev] recent work, ideas and thoughts

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sun Feb 6 14:51:26 CET 2005

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:

>  1. I've introduced a new "secure download" by using parseFunc to
>     extract links to files, store references in the database and
>     updating the href attribute to something like
>     "download.php?fid=12&pid=13&file=something.pdf" so I can check if
>     the user has permission for site "pid" to download file "fid" named
>     "something.pdf"
>     (that obviously works for files linked with the RTE, currently
>     not with the "Downloads" content element)
>     Another problem to solve was that this files should get indexed by
>     indexed_search (though I don't like this extension, but there's no
>     alternative currently)...
>     My question is now if I shall implement this as general as possible
>     (with hooks or whatever) and if there's a demand for such
>     a solution?

that would perfectly integrate with my secure downloads extension, did you
have a look at that? It is a code library for providing secure downloads
based on FE sessions and only comes with some sample frontend plugin and no
documentation.

If you haven't seen it yet, please have a look at the class it contains, you
will easily get the idea. If you can use it for your solution, just let me
know, so I raise the priority for writing documentation. I don't have plans
to write a frontend myself, it's just supposed to be a library everybody
can use.

--
robert