[Typo3-dev] sessions an subdomains

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sat Feb 5 10:57:01 CET 2005

René Fritz wrote:

> Martin Kutschker:
>
>>But that is assuming one domain for the whole installation. In case you
>>have multiple domains with different subdmonains it won't work. eg
>
> Right. So we have to do it in a more flexible way?

Not sure. I think a multi-subdomain setup is likely. A multi-domain
setup as well. But is a multi-domain setup with subdamins not a rare
occurence?

Anyway a more flexible solution would be to add a cookie field to the
domain records. t3lib_userauth would need to check against this field
when it is about to set the cookie.

Is the domain record read prior to authentication? And would it make
sense to store it's content in some global var?

Masi