[Typo3-dev] sessions an subdomains

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Fri Feb 4 14:21:44 CET 2005

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thorsten Kahler schrieb:
> [...]
>
>> Finally: you didn't try a feature request on bugs.typo3.org I found.
>> Chances will be better with a feature request I think (as e.g. Robert
>> always mentions he would forget bug fixes etc. mentioned on the lists
>> if  they're not in the bug tracker). Perhaps you can write a patch for
>> the  that solves the issue, because you did a hack for it already
>> before. That  would raise the chances also.
>

> please do so. :->
>
> imho actually it's a kind of bug BE-Session are not handled across
> domains. Just stumbeld across it recently. Personally I have no clue
> though how to fix.

Local hack:

In t3lib_userauth find the two occurences of SetCookie(). Now add your
domain as ".MYDOMAIN.TLD" as last parameter (after '/').

Better approach:

Like above but with an if-clause.

if ($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['domainCookie'])
  SetCookie($this->name, $id, 0,'/',
            $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['domainCookie'])
else
  SetCookie($this->name, $id, 0, '/')

But that is assuming one domain for the whole installation. In case you
have multiple domains with different subdmonains it won't work. eg

www.DOMAIN1.TLD
sub.DOMAIN1.TLD
www.DOMAIN2.TLD
other.DOMAIN2.TLD

But I guess in such a setup you can "simply" make two T3 installations.

Masi