[Typo3-dev] Information request about signed scripts

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu Feb 3 20:37:26 CET 2005

Dan Jensen wrote:
>>I am not a programmer so maybe some of you geeks could say "yes that would
>>be possible" or "no that is not at all possible"
>>
>>I thought about another way around the problem with copy paste - instead of
>>extending typo3 you could maybe make an extension for fireworks that would
>>open up for copy-pasting. That way you just would have to tell people to
>>connect to the fireworks extension server and download and install the
>>appropriate plug-in - and voila problem solved...
>>
>>What do you think?
>
> Change that to Firefox of course...

The point is that Firefox' and Mozillas security model prohibit unsigned
access to the clipboard (and other local resources).

To overcome this problem the script has either to be signed or the user
must lower manually the security settings. It is possible to allow
scripts from certain sites to gain access to local resources. To do this
  the file user.js in the profile must be changed. This is awkward and
obviously meant only for developing.

Masi