[Typo3-dev] Information request about signed scripts

Dan Jensen dan at wildside.dk
Thu Feb 3 13:57:48 CET 2005

> AFAIK you have to sign every single JS script *). So there cannot be a
> single TYPO3 signature. What TYPO3 could offer are certificates for
> signing scripts or some service to sign the scripts. But of course, to
> be real meaningful someone of typo3.org would had to review the code
> before signing. Otherwise it's kind of  a blank cheque.
>
> The Mozilla folks have not overcome this problem. Although they have an
> active extensiion developer community (mozdev.org) there is no signing
> service from them or mozilla.org. In the context of Mozilla you need
> signing for remote apps (in XUL/JS) for the very same things (eg
> copy&paste).
>
> Anyway, I think it could be done, but needs some time and devotion to
> establish such a service. And without an review the certificates would
> guarantee nothing.

I am not a programmer so maybe some of you geeks could say "yes that would
be possible" or "no that is not at all possible"

I thought about another way around the problem with copy paste - instead of
extending typo3 you could maybe make an extension for fireworks that would
open up for copy-pasting. That way you just would have to tell people to
connect to the fireworks extension server and download and install the
appropriate plug-in - and voila problem solved...

What do you think?

--
Kind Regards

Dan Jensen - Wildside