[Typo3-dev] recent work, ideas and thoughts

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu Feb 3 19:16:43 CET 2005

Wolfgang Klinger wrote:
>  Hi
>
>  1. I've introduced a new "secure download" by using parseFunc to
>     extract links to files, store references in the database and
>     updating the href attribute to something like
>     "download.php?fid=12&pid=13&file=something.pdf" so I can check if
>     the user has permission for site "pid" to download file "fid" named
>     "something.pdf"

Nice.

>     Another problem to solve was that this files should get indexed by
>     indexed_search (though I don't like this extension, but there's no
>     alternative currently)...

Hm, a minor drawback. Any news on the state of indexed_search? AFAIK no
public updates are availablae, thiough I recall taht Kasper said wrote
about many iprovements.

Kasper, need any help or ressources (coders, testers, time or money) to
finish the new and shiny version?

>     My question is now if I shall implement this as general as possible
>     (with hooks or whatever) and if there's a demand for such
>     a solution?

I thought that DAM was about acces control to files.

>  1.b And it would be cool if I can define several "user functions" for
>     parseFunc in a chain! (so it's possible to use e.g. dh_linklayout
>     and my extension one after the other)

Oh, yeah.

>  2. Another thing I did recently was a switch between "not found" and
>     "no access", so it's possible to redirect to the "right" site
>     (automatically adding the requested URL so one can simply redirect
>     after successful login)
>     This should go into the Core IMHO...
>     Any comments?

Sounds good.

>  3. I needed three USERDEFX and CURIFSUB for a very complex menu, so
>     I added two new states (USERDEF3, CURIFSUB) to tslib_menu, but
>     I wonder if it wouldn't be better to dynamically define USERDEFX states
>     (as much as required) in any way... I would like to implement that
>     and hope that CURIFSUB is available by default in 3.8!

CURIFSUB seems to be a popluar demand, so in with it. No opinion on
USERDEFX. Of course it seems to be more general to add support for any
USERDEFX that comes along, but if it's too mch hassle a USERDEF3 is enough.

How many have ever felt the need for a USERFDEF3?

Masi