[Typo3-dev] Patch to make the EM work with suphp

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Dec 20 11:08:39 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> the default permissions for new files and directories in Typo3 are 0775,
>> as set in t3lib/config_default.php.
>>
>> I'd like to have this changes for three reasons:
>
> I use often group writable files for some reasons and I fear that it is
> necessary for many webhostign situations.

So then you add your own user to the group of the webserver process?

In my case, I have created a new group "webeditors" instead. So the first
thing I do after setting up a new site is to append the createGroup setting
in localconf.php.

> So I think it is not a good idea to change it by default. I donÄt think
> that you gain that much security by it.

I think it is better to change it. I agree that you will not gain a lot of
security with this, but still it is more safe and it won't touch a lot of
users I guess.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out