[Typo3-dev] RFC: Undo/History-Feature - Design / UI / Usability

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Thu Dec 15 10:32:35 CET 2005

> When i deleted or move Files, is in other CMS Systems displayed where file
> is in use.

First, there are more types of files:

a) Those attached to records 1-1. There is no reason to track them anymore
than tracking the deletion of a reference to a record or changing the header;
they are ONLY used that particular place.

b) Those located in fileadmin/, possible managed by DAM. Yes, soon there will
be an index where all relations in the system are represented - like a
database index on tables;  A redundant reflection, but quick for lookups.

c) When the index is there its up to various developers to use it if they
please, what I promise is that it will be easy to use.

- kasper

--
- kasper