[Typo3-dev] AJAX in TYPO3: call for volunteers

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Dec 11 17:01:59 CET 2005

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Michael Stucki wrote:
>

>>my comments about t3lib_ajax:
>>
>>As it seems there are a lot of different AJAX implementations, but there is
>>no "definitive" solution yet. Too many concurrenting stuff.
>>
>>This makes me think that there may be a totally different solution which
>>maybe doesn't even exist yet. But how can we deal with this?
>>
>>I think it may be a good idea to keep t3lib_ajax as a framework that must be
>>used to call some AJAX functionality in TYPO3.
>>
>>The class just contains some wrapper functions that may be modified for
>>_any_ solution, however a stable API might make things a lot easier to be
>>changed in future...
>>

>Well, if we have our own implementation, it will be also easier to
>extend for our needs. And we will not have to synchronize with external
>library API (remember ImageMagic? ;))

I understand what you are saying, however imagemagic with it's million
parameters is different then a couple of wrappers.
Also I don't recal (I might be wrong) That there is not a wrapper class
for imagemagic in T3.
I do think that the sajax interface must be as light weight as possible
I have been using jospan on my site for some time and it does it's job
good, except for some language problem I had.
However calling JO Span from a page is slow I have page rendering times
of 7 seconds and that doesn't sounds to good for a response time for a
ajax framework.

I ended up makeing a little file in the root of t3, I just initliase the
DB, a user and that's it.
 From there I can get much faster response times. I also wrote a little
extentions for registering functions etc... I can talk to sebastian
about it just to share some ideas.

So I think it's good for us to make, liek Michael said a good class
interface. What we put behind that can be changed, as long as the
interface stays the same.

Ries