[Typo3-dev] BE - mixing modules and regular forms

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sat Dec 10 11:19:39 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>>$myform->add_string_field('username','Enter your
>>username',array('validates'=>'required');
>

> In my library there are no such specific functions like
> add_string_field. All this is configured in TS setup or taken from TCA
> by default.

That's why it is *low level*. There are lots of places in TYPO3 where
you have a form which is not defined in $TCA, or not even related to a
DB at all. Like the new pages wizard, or the survey extensions, or ...

Greetings,
Michael

PS: I basically reimplement parts of PEAR::HTML_FORM which we can't use
for licensing and style issues.