[Typo3-dev] AJAX in TYPO3: call for volunteers

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Sat Dec 10 09:59:35 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:

> I don't know if it is possible to use an already existing library as the
> AJAX framework within TYPO3, if yes, this could give us lots of
> possibilitys if we do the right choice. However, until now, TYPO3 has
> always done own implementations (DBAL for example), so maybe this is the
> way to go here as well.
> Any comments on this issue?

I don't think we need an own implementation here because there are
really a lot of reliable, compatible libraries for this purpose.

I also like prototype.js best because it's relatively slim, and
behaviour, rico and scriptacolous are built upon it anyway. So we could
integrate just prototype now for general purpose AJAXing, and add sugar
later.

Greetings,
Michael