[Typo3-dev] Some questions concerning extension programming

Andreas Bulling spam at phoenix.hadiko.de
Fri Dec 9 17:57:16 CET 2005

Hi all,

I would be very happy if someone helped me with the following questions
concerning extension programming. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

1) Concering localization support:
I've read http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/columns_fieldnam/
and selected l10n_modes for the fields to the best of my knowledge but I'm
not sure if I did it right...
Could someone please explain in simple words what's the difference
between the possible l10n_modes and what consequences they have for the process of
translating records in the backend, displaying records in the frontend and concerning
the database values set for the translated records?

2) What is the right way to access a plugin's flexform options within a
backend module? Now, I do it manually by selecting the appropriate
pi_flexform field of tt_content but perhaps a better method exists?

3) How can I use the stdWrap functions of the cObj within a backend module?
Can I just create an instance of the cObj class or is this forbidden in the backend?

4) What is the correct way/place to save some kind of settings for/of a backend module?
I don't mean the plugin itself but for example if I want to save settings concerning
the backend module behaviour...

Sincerly,
  Andreas