[Typo3-dev] utc_date/utc_time field please for 4.0

Alexander Langer alex at big.endian.de
Thu Dec 8 14:21:13 CET 2005

Hi!

Can we please have a utc_time/utc_date type-field in Typo3 4.0's $TCA?
Or - even better - add a "timezone" flag to the "conf"-part of the
date/time fields, so extensions can be backwards compatible with older
installations.

We really need it for timezone independence in various extensions
(imagine users from two different timezones enter events in a
calendar-type extension).

I'm not able to write it (as modifying this part of Typo3 is beyond my
scope and I don't have the possibilites to dig into it right now), but
it's a big requirement for Typo3, in general.  Count this as a strong
suggestion :-)

Thanks

Alex