[Typo3-dev] Bug in backend usergroup 'Tables(modify)'?

Simon Groenewolt simon at submarine.nl
Wed Dec 7 17:44:21 CET 2005

hi,

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:
> Albert van der Veen wrote:
>
>>Hello list,
>>
>>- sorry for crossposting but I didn't get any response on this in the
>>english group -
>>
>>I'm experiencing some odd behaviour when trying to change the
>>'Tables(modify)' section for a particular BE usergroup: it's impossible
>>to select more then 20 tables. If I select more, the last (execeeding
>>the 20 limit) will be deselected when I save the record. Is this a bug
>>or am I overlooking something obvious?
>

> The field that stores the relations might be too short or you have a
> maximum limit set to 20 (which is set by default).
> You can change this by overriding this maxItem value with an
> extTables.php file.

To save you some trial and error, use code like this is the
ext_tables.php of an extension:

> // make sure to load all of 'be_groups'
> t3lib_div::loadTCA("be_groups");
>
> // increase max number of tables that can be modified/selected
> // otherwise we cannot give groups enough permissions.
> $TCA['be_groups']['columns']['tables_modify']['config']['maxitems'] = 100;
> $TCA['be_groups']['columns']['tables_select']['config']['maxitems'] = 100;

(look in the file typo3/sysext/cms/tbl_tt_content.php to see what
structure you are changing)

We created an otherwise empty extension where we put changes like this
to the default typo3 behavior.

cheers,

   Simon