[Typo3-dev] FYI: Strange Google Statement

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Sun Dec 4 02:44:41 CET 2005

This may have been true at one point, I found 2 other references to this:

http://www.markcarey.com/googleguy-says/archives/discuss-avoid-id-parameter-for-google.html
http://www.markcarey.com/googleguy-says/archives/discuss-google-doesnt-like-id-url-parameter.html

However, a lot of my pages that do have this parameter in the URL are
in Google index, so it looks like something has been changed.

On 12/3/05, Johannes Reichardt <mailbox at gramba.net> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> just found this statement from google while seo-surfing:
>
> "Don't use "&id=" as a parameter in your URLs, as we don't include these
> pages in our index."
>
> Source:
> http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html
>
> I have no idea what this means and why they say this - actually typo3
> pages seem to be indexed normally mostly.
>
> - Johannes

Dimitri Tarassenko