[Typo3-dev] Typo3 4.0 wishlist ;) <rant>

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Dec 2 00:49:44 CET 2005

Hi Martin,

> I just tried doing it- but I couldn't find a good way of provoking a
> "Page is being generated" message in order to do testing.

Add a die() call at the end of $TSFE->tempPageCacheContent().

When this is done, call the page. A blank page (not even the infamous
message) will appear. Then, reload the page.

The temporary content will be visible for 30 seconds (as it has been set in
$TSFE->tempPageCacheContent()) but you probably want to set the value
higher for testing stuff.

> I created a plugin that sleeps for 15 seconds, put in on a chached page,
> and then load it in serveral browsers. But alle of then just waited for
> 15 seconds.
> Any ideas?

I suggest the following solution:

- Add a new field "isTemporary" to cache_pages.
- Set this field in $TSFE->setPageCacheContent() if it has been called from
  $TSFE->tempPageCacheContent()
- When the page is fetched from the cache and the "isTemporary" flag is set,
  sleep for a while and repeat the same again.

Make sure you add a counter in order to prevent endless loops!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out