[Typo3-dev] TypoScript 2: a bit of a RFC

Thu Dec 1 00:12:55 CET 2005

Peter Niederlag wrote:

> TS-1 is not that simpel after all, isn't it.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Well, the basic syntax is quite simple. Explained in 5 minutes.

1.) The names of the properties are regurlarly confusing. There are
properties that have the name of their datatype i.e. stdWrap.
There are properties that don't have the name of their datatype. i.e.
value, wich is also of stdWrap (and Text). This regurlarly causes
interferences when trying to get some clear thoughts.

Either all should get the name of their datatype. That doesn't work, for
different reason. So if I would be a king, I would forbid to use the
datatype as name.

2.) The second mayor reason for confusion is the different beheaviour of
copying and linking in TS. A lot of unexpected behaviour resulting from
this in large Setups. Nothing for normal human beeings. So if I would be
a king, I would forbid to link TS.

3.) The third mayor reason is the "silence" of wrongly used properties.
As I stated in my last post, in the thread on validation, I see a way
for validation. So if I would be a king, I would provide validation.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...