[Typo3-dev] Higher parsetime in 3.8.0

Simon Ihmig ihmig at kaliber5.de
Wed Aug 31 11:55:47 CEST 2005

Peter Niederlag schrieb:
> In my opinion it must be possible to cut down the 20 DB-calls. sql-wise
> this shouldn't be a problem. But due to the complex dependeny handling
> of the templates I guess it would probably require some smart
> array_multisort or similar action?

I think the existing caching system should be improved in this area. The
process of generating the TS setup tree should be done when there is a
change in templates, and not at every page access. So to build the TS
tree for a USER_INT you just have to access the DB once. This would
probably increase the db size though, but I still would prefer this for
the benefit of getting smaller parsetimes.

I guess we still need some core insider to judge on this!?

Simon