[Typo3-dev] direct mail and html

Pieter Jelle pieter.jelle at invalid.invalid
Sun Aug 28 03:01:32 CEST 2005

Hi all

I'm having a little trouble with the way direct mail handles outgoing
html mails.
I want direct mail to send html mails, but I don't want it to attach all
inline images and send them with the mail. I don't want direct mail to
replace links with special redirect links either.
However, after having done some research, it does not seem possible to
get direct mail to bypass the attaching and link replacing (or at least
not in a configurable way). So, I'm planning to adapt direct mail to
make skip those steps and send the mail with direct links to our server
for images.
However, I have taken a look at the source, and can't seem to see how I
can safely disable these functions. The file I've been looking in is
t3lib/class.t3lib_htmlmail.php .
Can anyone tell me if this is the file the actual work gets done in?
Can anyone give me any hints on where to start or how to disable these
functions without breaking direct mail?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Pieter Jelle