[Typo3-dev] disable access to page content by group

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Fri Aug 26 18:11:27 CEST 2005

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:

> hi zach.
>
> thanks for making this clear.
>
> but why are you just doing it the other way around?
> does the buildt in way not help?
>
> olivier

My client has ads on his site -- some of his users have complained about
the ads (which are inserted as regular content elements). He wants to
add users who don't want to see ads to a "no ads" group and then set the
ads so that they do not show up to users in said group.

If the ads were inserted in the template, it would be easy -- but they
have them scattered all over their site as content records. I considered
adding all his users to an "ads" group and then only showing them for
that group (and removing users who complained from the ads group) -- but
then the ads wouldn't show up for anonymous (not logged in) users.

The easiest solution seems to be to disable content on a group basis --
it also seems like it would be a handy feature, so I thought I'd go
ahead and put an ext together.

Zach