[Typo3-dev] Database schema in xml?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Aug 25 12:55:54 CEST 2005

Sven Wilhelm schrieb:

> What do you think?

In theory yes, for a new project yes.

As I have understood, TYPO3 will continue use "meta SQL", ie the Mysql
syntax for db definition. Perhaps it will support "hints" for other db
systems.

While I agree xml seems to be the better approach I don't see it has
that many benefits in comparsion to the old system.

Who is going to write support for the new format? Do we need to support
the old as well? If not, who writes the update tools, so devs can easily
upgrade their extension?

Masi

PS: Whenever I start thinking along major changes I end up with a
complete rewrite of major core components ;-)