[Typo3-dev] Rapid methods for creating forms in the frontend

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Aug 25 10:31:29 CEST 2005

Saurabh Nanda wrote:

> I had recently written an extension (frontend plugin) for someone
> which basically required extending the fe_users table; presenting an
> FE user with a form; performing certain form validation after he/she
> submits the form; and then inserting a row into fe_users.

During the last time I did some community sites and all of them needed to get
FE-Users extended.

For letting new users register themselves (create new fe_user records) I always
used the fe_adminLib.inc (TYPO3ROOT/media/scripts/)

This is the library which get's used if you insert a "FE User Admin" Plugin which
is included by default in T3 (install the fe_admin via the EM)

In the site I am currently making there is the possibility to upload an "Avatar" to
your account (an image which symbolises yourself).

The fe_adminLib.inc supports file-uploads partly for example. So I had to extend it.

There are some efforts to create a general purpose FE editing library for creating
users and other types of records via a generalized way.

Here are some toughts:

greets,
Bernhard
--