[Typo3-dev] Making a better access control using XCLASS

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Aug 25 08:36:56 CEST 2005

*************** off-topic replay starts **************************

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
What is Asperger's Disorder?

 > Olivier

You behave too nasty. I have apoligized my behavior. I must ignore your
behavior. I have got also much good feedback in the Enlish mailing list.
  It seems that all people - including me - are too sensitive in this
list and take everything too personal. I just try to ignore those
reactions and I try to avoid words, which someone could feel to be insulted.

This kind of discussion, which you, Ben Wardle and many other people -
including me - have had in this list is *off topic*. You replay was of
topic like this section in this replay. I hope that I would not need
anymore to use off topic markers in my messages and we all could try to
behave politely. I'm not now the only person, who has behaved unpolitely
even if I have been a "catalyst" of much off topic discussion.

I hope that we *all* could try to behave like adults.

*************** off-topic replay ends **************************

I'm sure that there are much administrators, who want to add the
functionality to their web sites.

If someone would not like to implement my request into core, I tried to
use XCLASS-implementation are overwrite some functions.

But I didn't get XCLASS-implementation to work as desired.

I tried to overwrite some function with these

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["XCLASS"]["typo3/alt_doc.php"] =
t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'class.ux_sc_alt_doc_tm.php';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["XCLASS"]["typo3/sysext/cms/layout/db_layout.php"]
= t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'class.ux_sc_db_layout.php';

*two* problems:

1) 'class.ux_sc_alt_doc_tm.php' caused that 'erotea_date2cal' stopped
working. That plugins use also XCLASS and it adds an extension class for
the same class. I found that in one installation 'erotea_date2cal'
didn't work. Presumably it conflicts with another plugin, which use
XCLASS-implementation.

2) class.ux_sc_db_layout.php seems not to work at all. That didn't work
either when I tried to fix  'erotea_date2cal' (see the topic ' Trying to
fix the plugin 'erotea_date2cal''). The problem relates presumably the
fact that 'db_layout.php' is a part of the plugin 'cms'. Should I try to
set XCLASS for some other file?