[Typo3-dev] Making a better access control

Troels Kjær Rasmussen troelsr at msn.com
Wed Aug 24 10:29:58 CEST 2005

> Well so what? Does anybody have to what until some core devs have time or
> get money to do some task?

In regards to core changes ... yes
In regard to users own local modifications/extensions ... no

> He needs the feature now, so he needs to do the job right now. If he is
> patient enough to propose a solution it should be considered for
> inclusion. If it is just a hack, and for that unreadable and in an
> unsupported format - then forget about it.

He is free to do whatever he wants on his local platform OR to release an
extension with his modifications, but bugs.typo3.org is hardly the place to
request his own hacks implemented in the core code. bugs is for fixing bugs
in existing features, not for recommending inclusion of 3rd party hacks or
extensions.

He requests an additional field in the DB, which has to be set if an
individual record can only be edited by admin users. But that might not be
the way the core team will go about handling implementation of
record-related rights-management. If this approach towards core
modifications becomes the common one, suddenly we?ll have 10 different ways
of handling record-related rights-management IN THE CORE. - not a
professional approach!

IMHO, his modifications belong in an ext or on his own server - they are not
an issue for bugs.typo3.org.

regards Troels Kjær Rasmussen