[Typo3-dev] Making a better access control

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Aug 23 13:35:40 CEST 2005

Andreas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> Hi Tapio,
>
> you will find the solution in the TYPO3 API:
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/Checking_user_access/
>

> It should be the very first source for such researches, also you will be
> sure to use a proper and compatible solutions.

I got this matter solved.

I have made a simple CMS, which didn't use classes.
I'm not very familiar with them even if I fully understand the basic
idea of classes and I can at some level use them.

I tried first $BE_USER['user']['admin'], which is the format of the
array, when classes have not been used.

But when classes has been used, it must be $BE_USER->user[admin];

When
$ifAdmin = $BE_USER->user[admin];
get '1' if the user is an admin user.

Next
1) get info from 'tt_content' 'editlock' field, which I added

2) give error message, if user is not an admin user and the content
element should be possible to edit only admin users