[Typo3-dev] Customize ALL buttons!

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Aug 19 22:39:53 CEST 2005

Thomas Esders wrote:
> i am curous how your TYPO3 update to 4.0 will work with all these fixed
> and editing in the core...

I know that I have difficulties.
The point was that it could be relative easy to add some classes to the
core in order to get better CSS-cotrol and more customizable layout for
the BE interface (I have added also more layout control for FE editing).

I know also that some of the changes are unnecessary - in some situation
the customization could be done with correct setup, but I didn't simply
found advice to do that. But in some case there is no TS setup for some
details. If all relevant table, td, a, img and input elements in BE and
FE editing could have classes, it would be quite easy to tailor almost
anything, when the FE and BE interface could fit better for needs of
individual customers.

I made some php functions for setting user/user group related CSS with
TypoScript.

You can see from
http://www.tapionet.net/typo3/development/InterfaceFixesForTypo3.doc
what I mean.
I don't even expect that everything should have TypoScript config
because designers can't imagine all features, which someone might want
to customize. More classes could get more freedoms also for skin
designers. <br> tags and many spacers images might cause harm for
skinning. Instead of BR-tags and spacer images CSS could more control
the layout of BE and FE interfaces.