[Typo3-dev] Switch beuser to admin temporarily

Keith Morrison keith_morrison at dfci.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 17 18:05:58 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I could swear I saw a file in the core where an action was performed by
changing the status of a beuser to an admin for a block of code, and
then reverting back to the beuser's normal status.  I'd like to find
that example so that I could use it for a problem I have.  Or, if anyone
has a suggestion for solving the problem (explained below), I'd like to
hear that as well.

The problem: I have a folder in the pagetree that is being used as a
storage point for things like news and calendar items.  With a workflow
module that we built, a user creates and edits their items that live in
that storage point.  Naturally, beusers need read/right access to the
folder, but because they all also have access to the "Page" module, they
can see and _edit_ all the news/calendar items in the folder (when you
click on the folder in page mode, you can see all the records, and the
system doesn't care who created what, so you can edit whatever you
like).  I can't remove the "Page" module because they use it for
publishing, and I can't change the permissions so that they don't see
the items in "Page" mode, because then they can't create/edit new items
in the folder.  So I think you can see where I'm going: I want to be
able to insert a line of code or two that gives them permission to read,
write, or create a record as an admin or even just a permissioned user
that no one has access to, so that I can work around this problem.

Thanks for your help,
Keith