[Typo3-dev] lost templavoila mapping after utf 'fix'

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Tue Aug 16 21:23:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm unable to keep mapping with templavoila when I apply a fix to utf-8
handling. The utf workaround consists of a few lines added to
/t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php (line ~827).

          if ($TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["forceCharset"]=='utf-8') {
             mysql_query("SET NAMES utf8",$this->link);
             mysql_query("SET CHARACTER_SET utf8",$this->link);
         }

I've tried a few things to clear this up, with no luck so far. Can
anyone more knowledgable provide a clue about templavoila's relationship
to the database that might cause these results?

Remapping, or creating new templavoila template object and data
structures hasn't helped.

Some more details here:

  http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1262

One thing that I've not tried yet is re-installing the extension after
introducing the modified class.t3lib_db.php.

Another non-templavoila site doesn't seem to show any problems with the
edit above. I say _seem_ because both sites are in development, and not
receiving the closest scrutiny,

ta,

Sean