[Typo3-dev] The donation issue - please join this debate!

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Tue Aug 16 13:44:55 CEST 2005

Hi Oliver

> Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
>>It seems that many Typo3 projects stops because of insufficient
>>money/donations. That's really a pity, because I think that many
>>people really want the best for the Typo3 project and want to donate,
>>at least a small amount.
>>
>>For my self, I can say that I want to donate to some projects, - but
>>have never done it. Why??
>>I don't feel certain that it will matter. What if 1000€ is needed,
>>and I donate 20€. Some other people also joins in with 10-20€. That's
>>all fine, but only 240€ are donated and the development is stranded.

> Hi Stig.
>
> As far as i have understood donations to projects will be organized by
> the typo3 association. so the first step for everybody wanting to donate
> is to join the association.

> with your contribution you add to the general fund.

With this you mean that by joining the association you actually make a
donation? (through the fee??)

> the association will also point out projects that will be supported by
> special donations by individuals and companies. this will be done for
> strategic and core functions in typo3.
>
> at last the association will certainly create a donation plattform for
> extensions of their association members.

Okay. But should only people who are members be allowed to donate? I
would think that there are many individuals who would like to donate
small amounts, but can't afford a association membership.

> developers not being members of the association will have to organize
> their donations themselves or join the association.
 >
> if we talk of donations, then we talk about money. there will be also a
> plattform where people will be able to contribute code and time to some
> projects.

Nice idea.

> please note that this is just a suggestion of mine at the moment.
> just my thoughts.

I think your ideas sounds very nice!
But I guess this will take some time to get in place, right? What would
be your estimate?

Until then, wouldn't it be a good idea to use fundable.org to boost some
  parts of the Typo3 development?

/Stig