[Typo3-dev] The donation issue - please join this debate!

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Tue Aug 16 12:21:30 CEST 2005

It seems that many Typo3 projects stops because of insufficient
money/donations. That's really a pity, because I think that many people
really want the best for the Typo3 project and want to donate, at least
a small amount.

For my self, I can say that I want to donate to some projects, - but
have never done it. Why??
I don't feel certain that it will matter. What if 1000€ is needed, and I
donate 20€. Some other people also joins in with 10-20€. That's all
fine, but only 240€ are donated and the development is stranded.

So I thought there must be a solution for this, and I searched the web!
There is a site called fundable which deals with this problem:
https://www.fundable.org/overview
https://www.fundable.org/examples
https://www.fundable.org/faq

There are pros and cons of course.
Pros:
If the amount of money isn't met within the timeframe, all contributors
are refunded.

Cons:
Paypal payments means fees.

/Stig