[Typo3-dev] Is cObj->DBgetInsert going to be obsolete?

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sat Aug 13 17:58:42 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I have a question concerning best practice for insert queries from the
frontend. This seems to be a standard task, but definite documentation
is rare.

News documents tell to use DBAL for DB stuff:

$query = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->INSERTquery($table, $insertVars);
$res = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql(TYPO3_db, $query);

On the other hand the only function I find for FE that considers the
handling of  "system-fields" according to $TCA is:

$this->cObj->DBgetInsert($table, $pid, $dataArr, $fieldList, $addSlashes=0)

Will DBgetInsert implement DBAl or is it rather an obsolete Function?

What is best practice?

Regards

Elmar