[Typo3-dev] error pasting in japanese characters

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Fri Aug 12 16:38:38 CEST 2005

Sean Ellis wrote:

Hello,

> I'm receiving an 102 value mismatch error when I try to paste japanese
> characters into the Pagetitle field of an alternate language page.

Jörg Schaller tells me that this is the topic of a bug report,
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1262

I'd like to add the observation that phpmyadmin seems to avoid this
problem.

I'm using a test string of Japanese characters which fails on typo with
the 102 value mismatch error. Using phpmyadmin I can successfully add
and retrieve the string, inside phpmyadmin, with no corruption.

I'll be looking into this.

typo3 3.8, mysql 4.1.11, php4-4.3.11, phpmyadmin-2.6.2 btw

  character_set_client             latin1
  character_set_connection         latin1
  character_set_database           utf8
  character_set_results            latin1
  character_set_server             latin1
  character_set_system             utf8
  collation_connection             latin1_swedish_ci
  collation_database               utf8_general_ci
  collation_server                 latin1_swedish_ci

--
Sean