[Typo3-dev] TER: Cache for manuals

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Aug 9 15:51:14 CEST 2005

Jean-David Gadina wrote:
> I've got frequent problems with manuals when updating extensions on
> the TER.
> Even when the revision is not a minor one, it seems that the old
> version of the manual is kept in the cache for a long time.
> So the updated version of the manual is not displayed with the
> extension. I tried to change a few things on the TOC, but with no
> success.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to fix this?

This is the "normal" behaviour currently, there's no way to fix this at the
moment. I asked Robert Lemke the same thing some weeks ago, and he told me
he cannot decrease the caching time at the moment due to server load
problems. As he told me this behaviour will change someday with the new
Documentation Rendering and new Caching Mechanism.

Cheers,
Rainer