[Typo3-dev] Core patches, SQL question

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Aug 1 20:22:37 CEST 2005

Hallo,

Currently I'm going to implement some of my extensions into the core after the request list found on:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extensions_for_the_core
(All my kb_ extensions)

Currently I'm almost finished with the kb_cont_slide extension.

I have to return a mysql result resource in a method but I have problems generating the query. I have
an array containing all uid's i wish to select in SORTED order.

Selecting them using
WHERE uid IN ('.implode($uidList).')
resulted in a list ordered absolutely NOT in the order in which I gave the uid's in the list ...

which is correct following the mysql-syntax ... WHERE don't sort records.

So how could I apply some ORDER BY statement which sorts the records by the given list ?

greets,
Bernhard