[Typo3-dev] Connecting to a different db kills typo3 db connection?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Aug 1 09:54:25 CEST 2005

Hi!

Well, the problem has happened with macina_banners, which uses TYPO3_DB
variable.

Actually, many extensions (for example, mininews) use exactly this
("TYPO3_db"). This is a global variable and should be used as
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_db'], not symply as TYPO3_db. May be, this is a problem?
I believe, "TYPO3_db" as such should not be defined at all inside
functions because it is not a constant. A typical use of this variable is:
            $res = mysql(TYPO3_db,$query);
This looks very wrong for me :(

Dmitry.