[Typo3-dev] Archive Extension should show content with expired endtime

Knut Schade knut at solitud.de
Tue Apr 26 20:34:06 CEST 2005

Hi List!

I´m a bloody but ambitious Typo3 newbie trying to develop a simple
archive Extension. The Basic Functions:
On every Page should be a link like "archived content". When a visitor
clicks on that link the extension should output all datasets of that
page from tt_content where the endtime has expired.
The results should be shown with the original formatting, images, etc.

For now I tried 2 approaches:

1.
I found informations in Modern Template Building, Part 2+3 Chapter 1.3
The theory of "enablefields", so that I could globally disable the
endtime in ext_tables.php, like:

unset($TCA['tt_content']['ctrl']['enablecolumns']['endtime']);

But I don´t know how to assign this action to a textlink.

2.
I also tried to use a sql_query in the class.user_archiv_pi1.php like

$sql = sprintf("SELECT * FROM tt_content WHERE pid ='%s' AND endtime <=
'%s' AND endtime <>0", $akt_pid, $now);

Although I could get the right datasets I failed to display them with
the original formatting.

What is the right way?
Any suggestions, links and tips to get things working would be greatly
appreciated!
Knut