[Typo3-dev] quoting SQL-identifiers

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Tue Apr 26 10:34:52 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>That's exactly what I did in my example project. But this doesn't help for
>>tablenames (of a given database) using reserved words, does it?
>

> Why? With quotes it can be written like this:
[...]
> Now you can use any name for your identifiers. My example was only to show
> that an SQL-statement can be complex. So automaigical quoting needs to know
> SQL fairly well.

OK, misunderstanding. I thought your example was to show how to use reserved
field names _without_ quotes by using them in combination with table aliases
(that's what I did for my mentioned project). Based on this assumption I
stated my note concerning tablenames using reserved words...

Rainer