[Typo3-dev] Incorrect SQL when creating tables using ext_tables.sql

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Apr 25 09:17:23 CEST 2005

Hi Ries,

> I think when supplying my origional table and the generated table in the
> mail was enough...
> I try to clarify a bit more (but with a more simple table).

Thanks, this time was a little bit more clear to me.

> When my ext_tables.sql file contains a table that looks like this:
>
> CREATE TABLE ip4_0
> (
>     b tinyint UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
> );
>
> Then the extention manager rewrites it to:
> CREATE TABLE ip4_0 (
> ( ,
>                 b tinyint UNSIGNED NOT NULL, -- second byte of quad
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;
>
> As you can see, a extra line with  ( , is intruduced.
>
> I tracked down the problem to this:
> When the  ( is placed on the second line, then the extra ( , is
> introduced on the second line, a ( is placed directly after my tablename,
> When the ( is placed directly after the table name, then everything is ok.

Fine. I expect this is a bug, so please report it to the bugtracker.
However, it doesn't look so urgent to me, but it can be fixed, that's still
fine of course.

> I am currently importing a data from a other system to keep them in sinc
> (about 260 tables with 800.000 records).
> and I just 'took' the SQL from the other system.

How about doing a global search/replace and remove the newline character in
"CREATE TABLE .*\n("

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out