[Typo3-dev] DBAL usage question

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Fri Apr 22 15:15:22 CEST 2005

Hi Masi and Arne,

>>I know and I think it'd be nice if the last SQL query would always be
>>stored.
>
> I agree, this would be a nice feature. Shouldn't be too hard to
> implement either should it?

as far as I see it isn't. Removing the condition from the line "if
($this->debugOutput) $this->debug_lastBuiltQuery = $query;" in the query
building functions (INSERTquery(), UPDATEquery(), DELETEquery
andSELECTquery()) should make the last query always available in
$this->debug_lastBuiltQuery, shouldn't it?

Meanwhile, what do you think about the question of my initial post: Is it ok
(concerning CGL and DBAL) to use

$res = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql($db, $query);

instead of the exec_*query functions?

Cheers,
Rainer