[Typo3-dev] FreeBSD/MySQL

Martin Poelstra martin at beryllium.net
Fri Apr 22 14:13:28 CEST 2005

Hi Rob,

> I have a problem with installing typo3 on a FreeBSD server.
>    It is a FreeBSD 4.11 server.
>    Typo3 is 3.7.1 installed through Plesk.
>    MySQL is 4.1.7

My answer doesn't have anything to do with your specific problem, but I'd
recommend to upgrade to FreeBSD 5.x, instead of 4.x. The reason is problems
in the threads-implementation of 4.x, which caused problems on our setup.
Tables used to crash frequently (notably index_phash and the like). You
shouldn't be worried about it if you have a very low-traffic website, but on
our site with 500-1000 queries/sec it crashed about once a day (approx 10000
pages, 20000 content elements).
After upgrading to FreeBSD 5.x, these problems were gone!

HTH,
Martin