[Typo3-dev] typo3.8.0beta2: Formmail and other charsets, i.e. utf-8

Ådne Hovda aadne at hovda.no
Thu Apr 21 09:31:00 CEST 2005

Hi

Why is iso-8859-1 hardcoded in t3lib_htmlmail?

I.E.:
var $plain_text_header = "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\n

Also the functions convertName() and useBase64() have a fixed charset.

IMO, the charset should be fetched from
1) forceCharset
2) current template
3) iso-8859-1 if nothing else is specified

Until now, I have simply changed all occurances to utf-8 in the source,
when setting up a site using unicode. I have tried the different
extensions which claim to fix this and also set
config.notification_email_charset = utf-8, all to no avail.

Also, is there a reason why emails are base64-encoded by default? This,
I believe, might lead to problems with some spamfilters.

Greetings, Ådne