[Typo3-dev] Feature-Request: A way to register a path to include_path by extension manager

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Wed Apr 20 19:10:29 CEST 2005

> I don't know if this really nice. Over time you might have a lot of
> extensions that include files without path prefix but rely on include_path
> being expanded. Now you ay very well see name clashes, with unpredictable
> results.
I did not mean this for the general usage.

> What is wrong about this way of including files from extensions:
>  require_once (t3lib_extMgm::extPath('adodb').'adodb/adodb.inc.php');
> ?
I'm working with HTML_QuickForm, HTML_Template_Sigma and HTML_Common.
The QuickForm Package comes with a bundle of classes, they are used also
internal. In my own code it's no problem to append an include path, but
if pear classes like to include other pear classes, I have to modify a
lot of classes.

Well I can also merge many packages into one extension, but that would
be a big one and makes no sense.

As I wrote, it's meant primary for library usage.

Sven