[Typo3-dev] TER License Problem

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Apr 20 13:37:16 CEST 2005

http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:de-DE:official&threadm=1gm8e7g.5vap9s1j8w6huN%25aleaxit%40yahoo.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:de-DE:official%26selm%3D1gm8e7g.5vap9s1j8w6huN%2525aleaxit%2540yahoo.com

> Line wraps are probably screwed now ;)

Well - it's about GPL but not really similar because they are talking about
the possiblity of a commercial software including GPLed modules.
In this thread it's just vice versa:
A GPLed software (TYPO3) that could make use of commercial modules.

Another example:
There is a non GPLed software package I want to make use of while using
TYPO3, because I am too lazy to switch between different windows.
So I create a module that makes this software available for BE-Users like
i.e. phpMyAdmin.
Of course this module will be GPLed but the software itself (which is the
real extension in this case) will stay non GPLed.
Same thing if I create a non GPLed software that will extend the
functionality of TYPO3 instead of buying an existing software.

As long as a piece of software doesn't contain original TYPO3 code no one
can force me to put it under GPL even if it is used as an extension to
TYPO3.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau