[Typo3-dev] TER License Problem

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Apr 20 08:49:05 CEST 2005

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry but the whole discussion moves away from the original problem:

Yes, you're right. But the whole "can I make proprietary extensions"
issue really pisses me off.

> ---- copy from typo3.org ----
> Terms of use:
>
> By registering an extension key you accept that all content uploaded to
> TER (TYPO3.org Extension Repository) agrees to these terms:
>
>     * Published under the GPL license
>     * You hold the copyright of the code or does not infringe the rights
> of others (meaning that work from others must be under GPL already!)

The part in parentheses should be removed, and we're done. Right?
Because an extension containing BSD-licensed (Apache/PHP is still no-go)
can be released under GPL.

> So it's really unimportant if something is under the apache license, a
> bsd styled one or a php license (many license are the same, but the name
> differs).
>
> With the statement of "meaning that..." makes this clear.
> Or define much more clear Terms.

Yes, the wording is difficult.

> Sorry, but license issues are the only problems within the open source
> world.

:))

Greetings,
Michael