[Typo3-dev] TER License Problem

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 21:44:21 CEST 2005

Alexander Langer wrote:

> There's a lot of commercial software written in PHP3 or that runs under
> Linux (even binary-only drivers) that somehow make me think different.

Come on, stop beating the dead horse: 1. PHP is a interpreter that
tranlates data (=code) into output. GPL does not affect the data you use
with software. TYPO3 does not interpret any extension code.

2. As with binary drivers: Many people think this is actually to be
contested in court, but the main argument is that they should be GPLed
but nobody has legally challenged that yet because Linus doesn't care.

> Can you please give me the exact sentence/paragraph where you read this
> in the GPL?

§2 b

HTH,
Michael