[Typo3-dev] Announce: TYPO3 3.8.0beta2

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Apr 18 03:51:38 CEST 2005

TYPO3 3.8.0beta2 is ready for download.

Compared to beta1 it contains a lot of bugfixes and finally (hopefully!)
fixes those problems with MySQL versions > 4.1 [1]
Additionally, all taskcenter modules have been upgraded and should work
again.

Please test this release as much as possible and report bugs to
http://bugs.typo3.org/

Again, please watch these notes:

IMPORTANT:
Make sure you set the version number (the "TYPO3 version", not the "product
version") of the bug record to 3.8.0beta2 because the bugtracker will
mainly look at these bugs until the release of the final version.

If there is a bug in the bugtracker which is not resolved yet and you think
it is important to have it fixed in 3.8.0, please send me a mail and I will
increase the TYPO3 version number for that bug.

IMPORTANT:
When overwriting an existing installation, make sure that you move (or
easier: remove) the typo3/ext/ directory before adding the new version.
You should also check that none of the system extensions is locally stored
in typo3conf/ext/ since these would take precedence.

You can download the source here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/typo3/typo3_src-3.8.0beta2.tar.gz?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/typo3/typo3_src-3.8.0beta2.zip?download

MD5sums:
7a4a984f0c38cbfce56e331727278260  typo3_src-3.8.0beta2.tar.gz
3f24f06659ba853b4880925b36997f02  typo3_src-3.8.0beta2.zip

- michael

[1] Infamous bug #416: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=416
--
Use a newsreader! Check out