[Typo3-dev] Feature questions

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Apr 15 11:09:02 CEST 2005

Hi!

I've implemented some TYPO3 sites and in that time some questions came
up. Maybe some of them can be already solved, for which I would
appreciate some information, but others can be seen as "feature
requests". :)

I was wondering...

- Why isn't there a "Create new backend user" and a "Backend Usergroups
management" in the "User Admin" Section? Most admins will seek this
features first in this menu item to create new users and manage users
and groups, instead of Web>List>.

- Why isn't there "Paste After" and "Paste Into" icons in the
"cms/layout/db_layout.php" Web>Page> page, if there is a tt_content
element in the clipboard? I see the links in the Context-Sensitive
Menues, but it would be nice to see them right next to the "New Record
after this one" and "Create new record in top of this column".

- I miss a way of hiding the tt_content part in the Web>Page> page for
pages that need no content (e.g. a SysFolder for News, etc). Setting
"mod.SHARED.colPos_list = " doesn't seem to work. Maybe some PageTS
setting where I can define exactly WHICH child-records are expected in a
page would be nice, so I can say for example
"mod.SHARED.allowedRecordTypes = tt_news,tt_news_cat" and the user has
no other choices at this point.

- Also in Web>Page>, if there are records for other tables other than
tt_content (e.g. tt_news), couldn't there be a "Create new record" link
right after the table of existing records? I can only edit/delete
existing records. An icon to create new record right after the table
would be very useful and consistent with what Web>List> does.

- If I explicitly "deny" some field values for the "Pagecontent: Type"
field for an user or usergroup, I expect them not to show up as options
in the "db_new_content_el.php" "Select type of content element" part.
But all of them appear, just like for any admin. After selecting a
denied one, the user is then confronted with "INVALID VALUE ("list")" in
the select-field, which is confusing.

- What is the difference to have a page-type called "Not in menu" and to
have a page field called "Hide in menu"? Couldn't we get rid of the
"Hide in menu" field, as there is no indication in the page-hierarchy as
to the hidden status if this field is set?

- Why does the Help-Icon spins around from time to time?? :)

--
Ernesto Baschny