[Typo3-dev] headers, images, caching etc.

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Apr 14 19:43:55 CEST 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> For some reasons the headers of the image files get lost this way.
>
> Is there any solution to this problem?

I don't think it is possible to "feed" an image through Typo3.

You should rather write the image down to the typo3temp/ directory
and register it in the cache_imagesizes table.
(use an API call for getting an unique name - see class.t3lib_stdgraphics.php for examples)

The only problem is I don't know how the caching of images is handled and when and how
they get removed (how it is aquired that they are not needed any more).

You will have to take a look at the stdgraphic and guifbuilder classes for that.

greets,
Bernhard